South Lake Tahoe Monthly Market Update, November 2019
The South Lake Tahoe housing market has been steady. Homes are not selling too fast but they are not languishing on the market for months either. The inventory of homes should start decreasing within the next few months. With the recent changes in the Vacation Rental Rules, and buyer's fear of a recession in the near future, our housing market has been showing signs of slowing down. Mortgage interest rates are currently very low, so hopefully that should help stimulate our market and maybe create opportunities for locals and first time home buyers.
Avg Days on Mkt
Stats Comparison from a Year Ago
South Lake Tahoe CA
- Median Sales Price - November 2019$425,000
- Median Sales Price - November 2018$420,000
- Number of Homes Sold - November 201961
- Number of Homes Sold - November 201849
- New Listings - November 201937
- New Listings - November 201851
- Total Number of Homes on the Market - November 2019215
- Total Number of Homes on the Market - November 2018243
- Number of Homes Under Contract - November 201970
- Number of Homes Under Contract - November 201836
- Average Days on the Market - November 201993
- Average Days on the Market - November 201878
- Number of Foreclosure Homes on The Market - November 20191
- Number of Foreclosure Homes on The Market - November 20180
- Number of Short Sale Homes on The Market - November 20190
- Number of Short Sale Homes on The Market - November 20181
This Month’s Most Expensive Home for Sale
The least expensive new listing that entered the market this month was 950 Balbijou Rd, listed at $4,500,000. This home was built in 1994 and it features 4 Bedrooms / 4 Bathrooms / 4,704 Sq Ft / 2 Car Garage. A one-of-a-kind mountain modern lakefront in the heart of South Lake Tahoe. With an expansive, level, sandy beach and two buoys, this home was built in 2015. The striking upstairs living area is centered around floor-to-ceiling picture windows to take in the magnificent lake and mountain views. Soaring vaulted ceilings, wood floors, sliding wall windows to the upper deck, a gas fireplace, multiple sitting areas and a chef's kitchen with granite countertops and stainless steel appliances make this the perfect home for entertaining.
This Month’s Least Expensive Home for Sale
The least expensive new listing that entered the market this month was 3344 Sandy Way #25, listed at $215,000. This condo complex was built in 1961 and this unit features 2 Bedrooms / 1 Bathroom / 980 Sq Ft. This end unit on the top floor of the Lakeview Pines complex, has no shared walls with other units. Tons of natural light flows in through the enclosed sun deck, which is a great space for an office or play room and adds an additional 168 sq ft of living space not shown on tax records. Walking distance to Lake Tahoe beaches, grocery stores, restaurants and recreation! Renovate with your own creative touch and own a great investment property in Tahoe.
This Month’s Must See Home for Sale
The choice for November's must-see home of the month is 1062 River Dr. This home was built in 1947 and it features 3 Bedrooms / 2 Bathrooms / 1,377 Sq Ft. Location, Location, Location....Breathtaking meadow, mountain and rivers views! Cute Cabin backing to the meadow and on the Truckee river. Home features 3BD/ 2BA, brick fireplace and sits on a huge 10k + sq.ft. lot. Home is close to restaurants, shops, bike trails, skiing, beach access, and much more. Home needs some upgrading but has a ton of potential.
Search Homes for Sale
See a list of all the properties that are currently for sale in South Lake Tahoe
What's My Home Worth?
Find out what your home is worth in today's market by requesting a home value report