South Lake Tahoe Monthly Market Update, January 2020
The South Lake Tahoe housing market has been steady. Homes are not selling too fast but they are not languishing on the market for months either. The inventory of homes should start increasing within the next few months. Mortgage interest rates are currently low, so hopefully that should help stimulate our market and maybe create opportunities for locals and first time home buyers.
Avg Days on Mkt
Stats Comparison from a Year Ago
South Lake Tahoe CA
- Median Sales Price - January 2020$459,950
- Median Sales Price - January 2019$495,000
- Number of Homes Sold - January 202031
- Number of Homes Sold - January 201937
- New Listings - January 202052
- New Listings - January 201944
- Total Number of Homes on the Market - January 2020136
- Total Number of Homes on the Market - January 2019181
- Number of Homes Under Contract - January 202045
- Number of Homes Under Contract - January 201941
- Average Days on the Market - January 202086
- Average Days on the Market - January 201993
- Number of Foreclosure Homes on The Market - January 20201
- Number of Foreclosure Homes on The Market - January 20191
- Number of Short Sale Homes on The Market - January 20200
- Number of Short Sale Homes on The Market - January 20190
This Month’s Most Expensive Home for Sale
The most expensive new listing that entered the market this month was 3779 Beach Rd, listed at $3,500,000. This home was built in 1947 and it features 5 Bedrooms / 4 Bathrooms / 2,168 Sq Ft. Lakefront property in the exclusive gated community of Tahoe Meadows. Only a short distance to the Casino corridor and a short walk to the Ski Run marina, and shops and restaurants. Kitchen remodeled approximately 10 years ago with granite counters and newer cabinets. Located right on the beach, at high water one can fish right off the deck!
3779 Beach Road, South Lake Tahoe, California
Opportunity knocks to own a Lakefront property in the exclusive gated community of Tahoe M...
This Month’s Least Expensive Home for Sale
The least expensive new listing that entered the market this month was 2481 Fountain Ave, listed at $319,900. This home was built in 1952 and it features 3 Bedrooms / 1.5 Bathrooms / 1,334 Sq Ft / 2 car garage. Rustic Tahoe Cabin in good condition. All 3 bedrooms are located upstairs. Master has 1/2 bath and downstairs is a full bath. New counter tops and sanding of original wood floors would complete this home. Priced for a quick sale. Property is in a good location at the rear of the neighborhood and located on one of the larger area lots. Worth seeing if you are an investor looking for a fixer upper too.
Link not available *Call our office for more information.
This Month’s Must See Home for Sale
The choice for January's must-see home of the month is 880 Tahoe Keys Blvd. This home was built in 1958 and it features 3 Bedrooms / 1.5 Bathrooms / 1,138 Sq Ft / 2 Car Garage. Beautiful rancher on corner lot with conservancy lot adjacent. Tahoe keys is a convenient spot with shopping, dining, Lake Tahoe, boating, skiing and hiking. Larger lot close to 7000 sq/ft with newer fence. Storage unit in fenced backyard. 2-car garage fully insulated with newer overhead garage doors. Roof is 10 years young. Remodeled bath in 2019 and laundry room with 1/2 bath in 2013.
880 Tahoe Keys Boulevard, South Lake Tahoe, California
Beautiful rancher on corner lot with conservancy lot adjacent. Tahoe keys is a convenient ...
Search Homes for Sale
See a list of all the properties that are currently for sale in South Lake Tahoe
What's My Home Worth?
Find out what your home is worth in today's market by requesting a home value report