South Lake Tahoe Monthly Market Update, February 2020
The South Lake Tahoe housing market has been steady. Due to low inventory, homes have been selling a little faster than usual when they're priced right. The inventory of homes should start increasing within the next few months. Mortgage interest rates are really low, so hopefully that should help stimulate our market and maybe create opportunities for locals and first time home buyers.
Avg Days on Mkt
Stats Comparison from a Year Ago
South Lake Tahoe CA
- Median Sales Price - February 2020$425,000
- Median Sales Price - February 2019$560,000
- Number of Homes Sold - February 202029
- Number of Homes Sold - February 201927
- New Listings - February 202034
- New Listings - February 201928
- Total Number of Homes on the Market - February 2020122
- Total Number of Homes on the Market - February 2019168
- Number of Homes Under Contract - February 202044
- Number of Homes Under Contract - February 201923
- Average Days on the Market - February 2020105
- Average Days on the Market - February 201981
- Number of Foreclosure Homes on The Market - February 20201
- Number of Foreclosure Homes on The Market - February 20191
- Number of Short Sale Homes on The Market - February 20200
- Number of Short Sale Homes on The Market - February 20190
This Month’s Most Expensive Home for Sale
The most expensive new listing that entered the market this month was 6 Lighthouse Shores Dr, listed at $4,500,000. This home was built in 1980 and it features 4 Bedrooms / 3.5 Bathrooms / 3,937 Sq Ft / 2 Car Garage. Lakefront property with 360 degree views of Lake Tahoe, Pope Marsh Meadow, Heavenly Valley, Mt. Tallac and it's own sandy beach, rooftop deck, plus 2 new boat slips sets it apart from its peers. The home, though dated, has been crafted with high quality amenities. The panoramic views of the entire Lake and all the definitive mountain peaks are enjoyed from nearly every window! Needing some TLC, this property may appeal to the buyer looking to customize/refurbish a home which occupies a premier parcel.
This Month’s Least Expensive Home for Sale
The least expensive new listing that entered the market this month was 2661 Konx Ave, listed at $289,000. This home was built in 1951 and it features 1 Bedrooms / 1 Bathroom / 772 Sq Ft. Cute and Cozy Tahoe Cabin. All the mountain ambiance you'd want with a freestanding gas fireplace on a warm brick hearth, bonus room with door to hot tub deck. Corner lot with split rail fencing then secondary fencing with another private yard space. A few blocks' walk takes you to meadows, river and forest. Central to great restaurants, shopping, and close to the community college.
This Month’s Must See Home for Sale
The choice for February's must-see home of the month is 1500 Crystal Air Dr. This home was built in 1992 and it features 3 Bedrooms / 2.5 Bathrooms / 1,931 Sq Ft / 2 Car Garage. The open floor plan encompasses three bedrooms all located on the top floor with two and a half bathrooms. As soon as you walk through the front door, you'll know you've escaped to the mountains. The first room you'll see is the expansive living room, which opens up with a freestanding gas fireplace. The living room then flows to a delightful cook's kitchen. This kitchen features a gas range, abundance of storage, and enough counter space to host your next gathering. Heading upstairs, you'll find the master bedroom, complete with a walk-in closet and ensuite, ensures parents have a private space where you can enjoy the Tahoe views on your private balcony. You'll also find peace and solitude since the house sits next to a vacant US Forest Service lot!
Search Homes for Sale
See a list of all the properties that are currently for sale in South Lake Tahoe
What's My Home Worth?
Find out what your home is worth in today's market by requesting a home value report